Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spotlight Designer:Elizabeth McLaughlin, Couture Swimwear Designer


Today we Introduce our very first Spotlight Designer, 
Elizabeth McLaughlin

At the age of 19 Liz has produced her first line, 
Isabela Royale Swimwear



Getting to Know The Artist
Elizabeth graduated and attended at the Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing and Visual Arts from 2007-2009 where my majored in fine arts located in Rhode Island.  She dabbles and has experience with all mediums of art- painting, sculpting, drawing; “I love it all.” she states.  “Art is definitely an essential element of my philosophy on fashion- I want my pieces to convey an image, a theme, a cohesive idea.”

At an early age Elizabeth always knew exactly what is was she wanted to do, she goes to tell us here at Fashion RI~
“I’ve been interested in art since a young age and luckily my parents have been super supportive.  They let me take sewing classes as a kid and from there I started making clothes for my dolls.  Attending an artistic high school only furthered my skills and my interest so here I am at 19, working on my first line.” and we have to say, we are very impressed with this professional and sweet artist.

Isabela Royale Swimwear
These suits are very exotic and have a multi-cultural feel. Inspirations were pulled from different areas around the globe to create these exciting and original styles.  Comprised of bold colors and textures which best convey the imagery and themes that the designer…so desires. This particular collection is inspired by global cultures, places like Africa, the Carribbean, and Spain. She has incorporated accessories of shells, precious stones, and exotic beading.  Bold, bright prints are a favorite too.   Ruffles are so in vogue, as you can also see them also displayed in her designs. She expresses, “I like the way they create the illusion of curves when used as a trim along a triangle top or Brazilian-cut bottom.”

Due to the quality materials and time involved in designing and making them,  the price points on a couture bathing suit range from about $80-$140.

Which we believe here at FashionRI are extremely reasonable. We are ready to place our order!

Like many designers her creative process is really rather long- “I’m not someone who can force it or pull it from somewhere, I need to wait for the right moment.  I would like to further expand on my global and cultural ideas, maybe explore other areas of the world; use some tropical and safari styles perhaps.” And continues to state, “I like my styles to look very original and different than the stuff you can get in a catalogue or at a store.”

All of these couture bathing suits are custom to fit the clients body and accent all of their best features. You can  soon find “Isabela Royale Swimwear” on SaraFaellaCouture.com…in the meantime please contact isabelaroyale@yahoo.com or www.isabelaroyale.com.

3 comments: